Though I should share some screen dumps of the upcoming VSCP Works +.
It started with +800 errors and a LOT of warnings. Now just a few warnings left. They will soon be gone to. Promise.
VSCP is back on windows.
Built over a remote terminal. Not the best development environment, but it is possible to do work that way to apparently.
Hopefully we will see some alpha code released in April.
The main window for the new VSCP Works. You can define the connections over the different supported transports. Note the raw can and raw mqtt which are general CAN and MQTT support.
Double click on the connection to open the session window
The session window have the same content as for the previous version of VSCP Works
- The list of incoming events from the selected connection. Can be filtered, etc. Click on a row to get info about the event. When no row is selected event count is displayed. When several rows are selected time difference calculations are shown.
- Status info for event. Click on head to get information about bits.
- Timing information for the event.
- VSCP class and type information for event. Click on class or type to take you to the help page for the class/type.
- GUID for event. GUID’s can be named and if they are the name is shown here. Also sensors (sensor index) can be named. Also shown here.
- The data content is displayed also in clear text for all events. Measurements have extended information.
- The transmit event area. Transmit events can be defined. Automatic periodic events. Load save to disk as for the previous VSCP Works.
Here a dump of the event count display shown when no row is selected.
And here when multiple rows are selected making it possible to do event timing calculations.
Still a lot do do but on the way. All written in Qt.
vscpworks+ qt version on the way.
**A bug fix release. **
- Fixes a problem with abstraction editing when abstraction is float/double/long/longlong
VSCP Works is deprecated.
Version 13.2.1 of VSCP Works has been released. It is available here.
VSCP Works is deprecated, so the release of a new version may be unexpected. Still it is necessary as VSCP Work is still the active tool until VSCP Works ++ and other tools are released.
This release fixes a problem with bootloading of a node over tcp/ip.
The interface list output of vscpd has been changed from 14.0.0 version. This is because now the GUID's is used to identify a channel. To be compatible with the deprecated vscpworks which relay on the driver names a device driver name should end with "|" (without the quotes), to make the parsing work for works. Here is an example for vscpl1drv-can4vscp <!-- The can4vscp driver --> <driver enable="true" name="can4vscp|" config="/dev/ttyUSB0" flags="0" translation="0x02" path="/var/lib/vscp/drivers/level1/vscpl1drv-can4vscp.so" guid="FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:F5:01:00:00:00:00:00:00:02" />
Without this scan/config/boot will not work as they should. vscpworks is available here as a Debian package for amd64 and only for amd64. It is deprecated and will not be updated anymore.